Integrated Skills in English (ISE)
Evaluation of the integrated use of reading, writing, speaking and listening
- Certification recognized by universities, companies and governmental institutions in Italy and worldwide
- Possibility to support the Speaking & Listening and Reading & Writing modules also in separate moments
- Separate results for each skill
- Five graduated levels (from A2 to C2 of the Common European Framework of Reference)
- Development of essential transversal skills in the 21st century
Modulo Reading & Writing
- Task 1- Long reading: 15 questions related to a long text;
- Task 2 - Multi-text reading: 15 questions relating to a variable number of short texts on the same topic depending on the level;
- Task 3 - Reading into writing task: production of a text of variable length depending on the level starting from the information contained in the multi-text reading task;
- Task 4 - Extended Writing task: production of a written text of variable length and gender depending on the level.
Modulo Speaking & Listening
- Topic task: discussion of a topic chosen by the candidate;
- Collaborative task: spontaneous and collaborative interaction between candidate and examiner;
- Conversation task: exchange of ideas and opinions on a conversation area chosen by the examiner;
- Independent Listening task: listening to 1 or 2 songs recorded (depending on the level) with different comprehension tasks.
Results and Certificates
The ISE exam evaluates the oral production, listening, reading and written production skills of the English language (speaking, listening, reading and writing) independently and also integrated. In the levels from ISE Foundation (A2) to ISE III (C1), the exam consists of two modules, Reading & Writing and Speaking & Listening, which can also be taken together or separately in the order you want. After the exam, candidates receive modular certificates with separate results for reading, writing, speaking and listening skills. A diagnostic report is also released for each of the 4 skills which highlights strengths and areas for improvement. When both modules of the same level have been passed, Trinity Integrated Skills in English (ISE) certification is issued.
An exam for the 21st century
The ISE exam tasks reflect the typical communication activities of real life in today's society: writing in response to a question or knowing how to synthesize ideas from different sources to rework them in a text of their own production and interact effectively. The exam is aimed at all people looking for flexible certifications that help them develop fundamental skills in the global society of the 21st century to access university and be competitive in the world of work.
- Lectures 14
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 500 hours
- Skill level All level
- Language English
- Students 273
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes